Water resource and earth science specialists.
Established in 2004, Polar Geoscience Ltd. is an independent environmental consulting firm based in Squamish, British Columbia that provides water resource and earth science consulting to public and private sector clients throughout British Columbia and Alberta.
We provide expert service in the fields of hydrology, geomorphology and terrain analysis to the forestry, transportation, mining, energy, and property development sectors, as well as to government agencies, First Nations and other organizations.
Our professionals are highly experienced in conducting water supply and demand studies, water quality monitoring, and assessing a suite of natural and development-related hazards and risks in watersheds (e.g. flooding, erosion, landslides, wildfire, and mountain pine beetle). Our staff have many years of experience developing cost effective hydrometric and climate monitoring networks. We are experts in erosion and sediment control and environmental monitoring as well as air photo analyses and detailed surficial geology, soils, terrain stability, and natural hazards mapping.
Our staff are available for projects throughout Western Canada and can mobilize for field assignments on short notice throughout the following areas:
- Sea to Sky Corridor, including Pemberton, Whistler and Squamish
- Metro Vancouver, including Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, West Vancouver, and White Rock
- Fraser Valley, including Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Kent, Mission, Harrison Hot Springs
- Sunshine Coast, including Gibsons and Sechelt
- Vancouver Island, including Victoria, Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Courtney, and Campbell River
- Okanagan Valley, including Kelowna, Penticton, and Vernon
- Thompson, Nicola & Shuswap Regions, including Kamloops, Merritt, and Salmon Arm